Tucked away amidst the cool blue green valleys of the fertile coffee belt in southern India, is the massive Kalmane Estate. Among the first estate to be built by Indians during the British Raj.
In 1879, the rich soil of the estate gave birth to its very first coffee plant. Today, 135+ years and four generations later, our estate sprawls across 1500 acres in 3 hills of Chikmangalur having steep terrain which is ideal to grow the finest coffees and grows uniquely flavoured, fine Arabica coffee intercropped with Black Pepper and Cardamom which gives its unique spicy notes to our coffee.
- 1879- In 1879, the rich soil of Kalmane gave birth to its very first coffee plant. The estate sprawls across 1500 acres in Chickamagalur, Karnataka.
- 2004- Entered into Coffee Retail by launching 1st café in Bangalore-"The Forum".
- 2009- Entered into Chennai market along with 5 cafés in Bangalore.
- 2014- Entry to Mumbai market with 7 café s in Bangalore and 2 in Chennai.
- 2016- Launched new concept store - VR Bengaluru
- 2020- Aiming to reach 100 café s in India.