Responsible for managing financial accounts for companies/individuals.
Distributes invoices, posts batches, receives payments, processes accounts payable invoices, and mails accounts payable checks.
• Calculates routine commissions, interest, and payments for each transaction; creates and distributes routine commission statements for each transaction for closing.
• Uses office automated systems to input data to facilitate accounting tasks; generates basic financial reports, and responds to general inquiries. Identifies and escalates problems as appropriate.
• Assists in maintaining customer specific program information in tables, auditing orders and reporting; makes necessary corrections to vendor claims, and answers queries about the program.
• Maintains pending files and performs timely follow ups to ensure quality customer service.
• Performs routine data entry, filing, and maintenance in order to support the department.
May deviate from routine policies and procedures when need arises.
• Verifies cost accounting, accounts payable, and accounts receivable records in order to ensure accuracy. Balances general or subsidiary ledgers to ensure accuracy.
• Contacts other departments and/or outside agencies to resolve problems.