1.Accounts writing - Perform accounting functions as assigned including, but not limited to book, reconcile and report in-force premium, direct written premium and loss fund balance, retro accrual, bad debt allowance and non-admitted A/R monthly
Assist with completion of the quarterly and annual regulatory filings; preparation of assigned Quarterly and Annual Statutory Statement pages/schedules.
2. Payroll Processing
3. Handling bank operations- Coordinate and resolve various issues with bank such as cleared check differences, bank fee anomalies, targeted balance calculations and enhancements to online services.
4. 26AS reconciliation
5. Billing closure
6 Handling statutory compliance
7. Debtors reconciliation and vendor reconciliation
8. Preparation of MIS reports
9. Preparation of Financial statements
- Thorough understanding of Accounting Principles. Knowledge of Statutory accounting principles.
- Strong analytical and accounting skills.
- Intermediate to advanced experience with MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook and or similar programs.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of major accounting software packages for both general ledger and statutory accounting.
- Must be able to effectively handle multiple projects simultaneously in a deadline driven environment.
- Excellent verbal, written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team and take on new tasks with high level of difficulty.
- The individual will be expected to work with minimal up-front guidance and take ownership of his / her work product. The individual will work closely with all major functional leaders of the Company.
- Accounting, Research Skills, Analyzing Information, Attention to Detail, Deadline-Oriented, Confidentiality.
- Thoroughness, Corporate Finance, Financial Software.