As Assistant Manager - Sales, you are responsible for working closely with the General Manager – Sales & Marketing to analyse market trends, report results and execute the selling strategy and achieve business objectives. Specifically, you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
· Analyse local market trends and develop new business leads.
· Maximise all Revenue opportunities.
· Contribute to the selling strategy of the hotel, and manage the department’s adherence to achieving that strategy.
· Negotiate with corporate clients and get them to our destinations for residential conferences, Incentive tours, meetings, product launches and events etc.
· Meet Travel agents and motivate them to do more business with our Hotels.
· Create an interest among the school groups and encourage them to come to our properties for Excursion tours.
· Develop and implement creative local marketing channels including social media sites.
· Work within current business strategies and recognise potential opportunities.
· Communicate with all departments as required within each hotel.
· Attend or participate in Road shows, Exhibitions, Trade shows, Association meetings, Club meetings, where we can showcase our product to a wider audience.
· Report on a daily/weekly/monthly basis appointments, calls made, and list of business leads, MIS etc.
· Answer customer queries in a timely and suitable manner.