Supervising Children in the Day Care (Crucial)
▪ Supervise children throughout the day including: personal hygiene, activities, clothing, eating
(and finishing food).
▪ Provide opportunities for various activities including resting time.
▪ Implement positive discipline when needed.
Creating and Implementing Daily Programs
▪ Plan activities that will meet the social, academic, and physical needs of children.
▪ Provide appropriate equipment such as toys and beds.
▪ Develop a meal/snack plan depending on the center.
Supervising Day Care Staff
▪ Recruit and hire staff.
▪ Train and develop staff.
▪ Take corrective action when necessary.
Managing the Administration of the Program
▪ Reporting to the principal of the school regarding parent complaints, enquiries, handling fees,etc.
▪ Keep parents informed of children’s progress or setbacks.
▪ Create confidential student files.
▪ Monitor the Day Care budget.
▪ Approve purchases and record fees.
▪ Develop statistics regarding the number of kids, cost of operation, etc.