Inspect heavy equipment and handle preventive maintenance daily.
Follow site grading and operations plans, read grade stakes and operate in medium to fine grade environment.
Operate equipment productively for twelve hours every day in all weather and ground conditions.
Operate heavy equipment safety and efficiently as per legislation, policy and procedures.
Operate heavy equipment like maintainers, front-end loaders, gradalls, backhoes and bulldozers.
Encourage workplace safety and environmental practices improvement.
Operate vehicle mechanical attachments and equipments.
Based on postings that we analyzed, excavators share several essential duties.
Excavator Skills and Qualifications
Excavators operate heavy machinery on a variety of construction projects. Workers in this role typically have at least a high school diploma and the following skills:
· Machine operation skills – excavators need to be very familiar with the principles of machine operation, including both excavators and related machinery such as bulldozers and trucks
· Physical stamina – this role frequently requires long days of operating machinery, as well as climbing in and out of an excavator, so physical stamina and strength are both necessary
· Safety skills – construction machinery can be hazardous to operate, so excavators should also have a solid grasp of safety procedures and best practices for responsible operation
· Team collaboration – excavators work with construction crews, site engineers, and surveyors to determine the scope of excavation projects, so effective team communication and coordination are important
· Accuracy and attention to detail – this role also requires excellent attention to detail and a high level of accuracy to ensure proper dimensions while digging for construction projects
Duties & Tasks
- Perform daily maintenance and safety checks of equipment.
- Preparing and positioning plant for operation on site.
- Operate the machine and other heavy equipment in a safe and appropriate manner.
- Selecting, fitting and removing attachments such as buckets, scoops, shovel blades, rock breaking hammers, winches and blades.
- Work with ground personnel.
- Operating controls to excavate, break, drill, level, compact, gouge out, move, load and spread earth, rock, rubble, soil and other materials.
- Working from drawings, markers and verbal instructions.
- Servicing, lubricating, cleaning and refuelling plant and performing minor adjustments and repairs.
- Excavator Ticket, White Card,Full Drivers Licence
- Heavy Rigid Licence (beneficial if you want to hop into a vehicle on site with 3 or more axles).
- Knowledge of Excavator and other heavy equipment.
- Knowledge of road construction materials, road construction processes if working on road construction
- Knowledge of residential construction processes if working on residential sites
- Strong Communication skills
- Excellent hand, eye and foot coordination.