TITLE OF JOB: Factory Medical Officer
Qualification: MBBS with Compulsory AFIH Certification
· Day to Day Management of the Occupational Health Centre (OHC) along with the Paramedics
· Identification of occ. health hazards at the plant across various shop floors
· Identification of notifiable diseases (is any) as per the schedule II of the Factories Act
· Address medical problems of the workers as well as any industrial health related problems i.e. monitoring hazards, use of PPE, biological monitoring, etc.
· Conduct bi-annual health evaluations of the workforce. Electronic Health Record (EHRs) to be maintained for all employees
· Conduct pre-employment health evaluations
· Maintain medical health records at the OHC
· Conduct health & wellness awareness programs & workshops on various topics – lifestyle diseases, prevention of occupational health hazards, and importance of using PPEs etc.
· First Aid & Emergency Care/Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS)
· Organize a health risk assessment for the site by an Industrial Hygienist
· Medico-Legal Advisory Services i.e. liaison with industrial health governmental agencies etc.
· Liaison with the factory inspector and certifying surgeon.
· Liaison with hospitals and doctors in the vicinity of the site.
· Provide emergency care to the employees in case of workplace related injuries, illness and exposure.
· Conduct a hygiene inspection of the workplace including the canteen and submit a report along with observations and recommendations
· Conduct regular audits of the OHC
· Medicine management at the OHC
· Maintain proper hygiene & proper disposal of waste
· Work with the factory safety manager to drive various awareness programs on health
· CSR Activities
· Maintain a congenial work environment with workers, management & unions
· Job Specification
· The candidate should be fluent in Hindi (must)& English
· AFIH certification is a MUST
· Good Knowledge of MS Office
· Strong Communication Skills