1. Compiling payroll / Absence data.
2. Assist and resolve hotel staff and management queries.
3. Updating salary and benefits information.
4. Developing job descriptions, shortlisting, interviewing and selecting candidates, preparing personal files of the colleagues.
5. Developing policies on issues such as working conditions, performance management, equal opportunities, disciplinary procedures and absence management.
6. Helps employees identify specific behaviours that will contribute to service excellence.
7. Responsible for the on the job orientation for new hires.
8. Manage HR administration such as starters and leavers process.
9. Complete monthly and fortnightly paperwork to be submitted to the Payroll team.
10. Ensure up to date and accurate information is fed into the Human Resources Software.
11. Assist with employee relation issues in the hotel in a confidential manner, including disciplinarians, grievance and capability.
12. Ensure recruitment and selection process is adhered to and that all the relevant immigration checks are carried out correctly.
13. Manage HR administration such as contracts, letters and personnel files.
14. Full usage of HR System including running of Payroll, Change of Status Requests and other amendments as required that are for HRD Approval.
15. Maintenance of HR email account and ensures prompt response.
16. Analyze staff turnover and sick leave with the aim of implementing strategies for reduction.
17. Assists the HR manager in Budget preparation where required and is fully aware of all Budgeted Positions and hiring approvals.
18. Establish and maintain a group of contacts with Hospitality Colleges to set up a system for entry-level employment.
19. Ensure compliance with all HR legislation and keep up to date with changes to local authorities.
20. Provide staff counselling, guidance, career planning, and oversee disciplinary matters up to and including dismissal and oversee any Grievance Complaints made as required.
21. Supporting the hotel with departmental training requirements including inductions, work experience, careers fairs, and training materials.
22. Ensures confidentiality is maintained at all times and provides information only to those with a need to know.
23. To know and follow the Health & Safety at Work Act and comply with the hotel’s Health & Safety policy.