Corporate Sales Manager – Transportation Industry / Logistics
The Corporate Sales Manager plays a crucial role in generating leads for a Business Line and managing the development of the lead to a stage where the win probability is high. The primary role of the Corporate Sales Manager is to prospect for new clients by networking, cold calling,
advertising or other means of generating interest from potential clients. They must then plan persuasive approaches and pitches that will convince potential clients to do business with the company. They must develop a rapport with new clients, and provide support that will continually improve the relationship. They are also required to grow and retain existing accounts by presenting new solutions and services to clients. Strategic planning is a key part of this job description, since it is going to develop the pipeline of new business coming in to the company. This requires a thorough knowledge of the market, the solutions/services the company can provide, and of the companys competitors. The main duties of the Business Development Manager can be summarized as follows:
New Business Development
· Cold call as appropriate within your market/geographic area to ensure a robust pipeline of opportunities.
· Research and build relationships with new clients.
· Plan approaches and pitches. Work with team to develop proposals that speaks to the clients needs, concerns, and objectives.
· Present an image that mirrors that of the client.
· Present new products and services and enhance existing relationships.
· Business Development Planning
· Present to and consult with mid and senior level management on business trends with a view to developing new services and distribution channels.
· Using knowledge of the market and competitors, identify and develop the companys unique selling propositions and differentiator
· Submit weekly progress reports and ensure data is accurately entered and managed within the companys CRM or other sales management system.
· Work with marketing staff to ensure that marketing activities are completed within a timely manner.
· Research and develop a thorough understanding of the companys people and capabilities.