• Direct hands-on experience and strong knowledge of ad hoc query programs, software QA methodologies, automated testing tools, processes, and reporting software.
• Extensive practical knowledge in importing data for use in report software, spreadsheets, graphs, and flow charts.
• Proven data analysis, data verification, and problem-solving abilities.
• Excellent PC skills
• Excellent listening, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
• Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
• Experience to participate in training sessions, presentations, and meetings.
• Experience in writing clear, concise and comprehensive test plans and test cases
• Solid knowledge of SQL and scripting
• Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process
• College diploma or university degree in software engineering, computer science, or a related subject
• 1.5 years direct experience as a lead tester for major application integration and/or major application product release.
Strategy & Planning
• Develop and establish quality assurance measures and testing standards for new applications, products, and/or enhancements to existing applications throughout their development/product lifecycles.
• Prepare, present and deliver reports, recommendations, or alternatives that address existing and potential trouble areas in IT systems and projects across the organization.
• Plan, create and manage the overall Quality Planning strategy
• Collaborate with the Product Development team to ensure consistent project execution
• Identify key KPIs for product quality
• Conduct internal audits to measure and assure adherence to established QA standards for software development, application integration, and information system performance, and corresponding documentation.
• Review requirements, specifications and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback
• Create detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases
• Estimate, prioritize, plan and coordinate testing activities
• Design, develop and execute automation scripts using open source tools
• Ensure that testing activities allow applications to meet business requirements and systems goals, fulfill end-user requirements, and identify existing or potential issues.
• Collaborate with software/systems personnel in application testing, such as system, unit, regression, load, and acceptance testing methods.
• Communicate test progress, test results, and other relevant information to project stakeholders and management.
• Test any new software to ensure integration into company systems meets functional requirements, system compliance, and technical specifications.
• Analyze formal test results in order to discover, identify, record, report, track and document thoroughly any defects, bugs, errors, configuration issues, and interoperability flaws.
• Assist in the development of change control processes, practices, and guidelines for new and existing technologies.
• Participate in developing, distributing, and coordinating in-depth end-user reviews for modified and new systems or applications.
• Reviewing the reports prepared by QA engineers