Unity Game developer / programmer **REMOTE**
We're a mobile and VR/AR startup that is on the forefront of the next computing platform. You will work across many areas of software and game development and play a big part in the success of our newest VR/AR and iOS/Android games and immersive applications.
This is a telecommute position and does not require relocating to Miami, Florida as collaboration is done online.
We are seeking a motivated and talented Game Developer who has a minimum of 3 years of experience and is eager to learn and grow with our team of high-impact developers. If you do not currently meet the experience requirement we recommend applying for an internship position.
Things You Will Work On:
- You will be responsible for managing the internal and external teams through the development of new games.
- Coordinate with the QA department to ensure bugs are addressed, and games go out with best in class quality
- Establish strategic plans, budgets, results measurements, resource allocation, review progress and corrections as needed
- Work with the team and the Executive Producer to create the milestone schedule, and oversee day to day development to ensure delivery of milestones on time, on budget, and at a high level of quality.
- Work with team members to identify product requirements and scheduling in an agile environment using scrum methodology
- Lead, coach and motivate project team members
- Review and enhance processes and procedures to help teams optimize completing their tasks
- Promote new ideas, methods or processes to improve team performance and company objectives
- Ensure proper documentation and communication of all activities are being carried out effectively
- Work closely with analytics teams to balance data driven decisions with the creative process.
Who You Are:
- 3+ years professional experience in a software development environment
- Have a strong mix of creative, technical, and managerial experience in mobile, pc and VR game development and publishing.
- Thrives in a fast-paced, constantly changing technical environment
- Active problem solver with a willingness to challenge the status quo and make recommendations for improvements
- Strong analytical skills and experience with data driven product design and decision making.
- Ability to work on multiple projects within strict deadlines
- Sound decision making, problem solving and time management skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience working within a global/international team
- You have solid knowledge and understanding of virtual reality and augmented reality application architecture and tech
- Sharp business sense combined with excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
Tell Us if You:
- Previously worked in a leadership capacity on mobile, pc, or virtual reality games
- Demonstrated leadership and vision in managing staff and major projects or initiatives
- Broad understanding of and exposure to all aspects of game development – production, art, code, design and QA.
- Experience with project management tools and methodologies.
- Post-secondary education in a relevant field
- Have experience developing games with Unity 3D Game Engine, Unreal Engine or any other gaming engines
- You have experience as an artist, level designer, producer, project lead, graphic designer, engineer, creative director, video game tester, or animator.
- Have worked on an open source project (link us to the Github), have participate in game jam events, or have worked with machine learning or ai in games.
- Have developed your own VR, AR, Desktop (Mac or PC Gaming), iPhone, Android, or Facebook apps
- Hold a BSc., MSc., or Ph.D. in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering or equivalent
- Have experience as a 360 video filmmaker, cinematic films, audio and sound design, or storyteller.
- You’ve developed with other game engines such as Epic’s Unreal Game Engine
It’s recommended that you have experience developing with one of the following headsets: HTC Vive, Oculus, Rift, Oculus Go, Samsung Gear VR, HTC Vive Pro, Magic Leap, Windows Hololens, Google Daydream, Sony Playstation VR (PSVR), or Windows Mixed Reality headsets (WMR) such as the Samsung Odyssey.