The individuals doing a Store Manager job are the professionals who are in charge of the store which they are working in and also in charge of all the employees or the staff who are working in the store. A Store Manager is basically responsible for running the entire store operations and is also responsible that the operation runs smoothly.
- Should take care of the overall store management and make sure that the store meets the budget and acquires every sales target.
- The main motive of a store manager should be to figure out ways to enhance customer satisfaction, meet sales targets and manage the entire staff with efficiency.
- The candidate having a proper knowledge in planning the finance, recruiting employees will have an upper hand and will gain success.
- Should make strategies for business to expand its reach to customers and increase profits.
- Train the staff who are working in the store for the betterment and mentor them so that they fulfill the sales target.
- Should maintain high standards of customer satisfaction by excellent customer service.
- Tasks that are being done by the store manager needs to be within the policies of the store and ensuring compliance.
- Need to make a report on what exactly are the products which are trending and also make notes on what exactly a customer needs.
- Generate innovative ideas to expand their market and increase the number of customers.
- Should take care of all grievances and complaints made within the staff or from the customers.
- Proven record in managing staff and store management.
- Should also have some experience with retail management.
- Should be business oriented and should focus mainly on fulfilling customer's needs.
- Should have good leadership skills so that he can manage the staff working in the store
- Good customer management skills.
- Should be very good with communication and interpersonal skills.
- Should very much be result oriented and should be very good with organizational skills.
A candidate having a bachelor's degree is eligible for applying for a Store Manager job. But, applicants holding a degree which specializes in retail management, e-commerce, management would be preferable.
A Retail Store Manager earns an average salary of Rs 360,505 per year. For a high job, a candidate should expertise in skills such as People Management, Operations Management, and Customer Relationship Management. Depending on the skills developed and the experience gained, the salary of a store manager ranges in between Rs 190,083 - Rs 769,819. (Souce Payscale)